This license agreement covers all existing versions of jambient: "jambient" and "jambient beta-version" ("jambient beta", "jambient pre-release"), from now on referred to below as "jambient" unless otherwise specified.
1. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by David Morris.
2. All copyrights to "jambient" and its documentation are exclusively owned by the author - David Morris.
3. "jambient" and the beta version of "jambient" are not free software.
a) Beta Test Versions. Subject to the terms below, you are hereby
licensed to use the beta test version of "jambient" for evaluation
purposes without charge. Beta test versions of "jambient" are configured
to expire on specific dates, and may not be used after their expiry.
b) Release versions. Subject to the terms below, you are hereby licensed
to use the release version of "jambient" for evaluation purposes without
charge for a 30 day evaluation period. If you intend to use the release
version on an ongoing basis, a registration fee is required. You can
register using the www.jambient.com web site and registration button
on the splash screen.
4. YOU MAY NOT DISTRIBUTE "JAMBIENT". David Morris does not grant
permission to distribute jambient for profit in any form, including
but not limited to, electronic information service distribution,
bulletin board distribution, and magnetic or optical medium distribution.
Non-profit distribution of the software is additionally restricted in the
5. "jambientFREE" is freeware. David Morris grants a free license for
use of "jambientFREE".
6. "jambientFREE" may be distributed by permission of David Morris.
In all cases where permission is granted to distribute "jambientFREE,"
exact copies of the original version, including all documentation are
to be distributed; charging or requesting donations for any such copies
is prohibited. Distributing the software and/or documentation with other
products (commercial or otherwise) requires express written permission.
(Contact David Morris at www.jambient.com.)
7. "JAMBIENT" AND "JAMBIENTFREE" ARE DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE "JAMBIENT" OR "JAMBIENTFREE"
AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES,
LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS
8. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify,
decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the
licensed program ("jambient" or "jambientFREE"), or any subset of the
licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such
unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination
of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
9. The terms of this license, as well as the "jambient" and
"jambientFREE" interface design, are subjects of changes in future
versions of "jambient" and "jambientFREE".
10. When you register "jambient" the "Registration code" is being issued
to you. This "Registration code" can ONLY be used by the person (or
company) that purchased it.
10.a) A "Registration code" purchased by a company can be used to
register jambient on ONLY ONE computer.
10.b) A "Registration code" purchased by an individual can be used to
register jambient ON NO MORE THAN TWO computers owned by that individual,
provided that the copies are not used at the same time. E.g., you can
use jambient on your studio computer, and also use it on your laptop in
the club, but not at the same time.
11. You can only use a "Registration code" received from jambient.com or
a company affiliating or partnering with David Morris and having written
permission to distribute "Registration code". (At present RegNow is the
only such company.)
12. Installing and using "jambient" or "jambientFREE" signifies
acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
13. If you do not agree with the terms of this license or if the
terms of this license contradict with your local laws, you must
remove "jambient" and "jambientFREE" files from your storage devices
and cease to use the product.
If you have further questions or feedback, please visit us at
Thank you for using "jambient".