- Other Academic Software by David Morris
- Links to SplitNotes for Word (freeware to split endnotes from a manuscript
and put them in a separate file) and Ponty, a concordance program for
Merleau-Ponty's Phenomenology of Perception.
- American Society of Indexers: Software for Indexing
- Another helpful site that defines different types of indexing software,
and has links to various software products. Compare IndexAssistant to the
other tools available.
Martin Tulic: Software for Indexing
- This is the site of a professional indexer who discusses the
various sorts of software available for indexing. IndexAssistant helps
with embedded indexing in Word. As Tulic notes, the disadvantage of embedded
indexing is that "The major disadvantage is that embedded indexing is
often more time-consuming than other computer-assisted approaches to
indexing, especially when editing the index. That is partly due to the
fact that the
index is not visibly updated as entries are added one after another."
IndexAssistant makes the entries in your index visible throughout the
- Allegro Indexing: Indexing in Word
- Another professional indexing site that has some helpful things to say
about indexing in Word--and points out the laboriousness of indexing
page ranges, which IndexAssistant greatly simplifies.